Avionics Specialist, Inc. firmly believes that its greatest single asset is its employees. Our Company's growth, prosperity and position in the field is the direct result of the efforts of our employees. Here at ASI our employees are treated with the greatest respect, for they represent the difference between us and our competitors. Our customers buy our products and services because they have learned that they can expect our products and services to be of the highest quality. To attract and retain the best employees, ASI provides a wide range of benefits.
Medical and Dental Insurance: ASI pays the cost of its employee's Group Hospital Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Benefits, Major Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
Optional Benefits: ASI offers additional coverage to its employees at a small cost - A Cancer/Intensive Care Unit Plan and a Long Term Disability Plan.
Additional Benefits: ASI offers its employees many other benefits.
- IRA Retirement Plan: The ASI plan allows you to invest up to 5% of your income on a tax-deferred basis to save for the future. ASI will match 100% of your elected deferrals up to 5% of your pay with a maximum of $1500 annually.
- Company Paid Vacations: ASI employees become eligible for vacation on their yearly anniversary date. Regular full-time employees who have completed one year of continuous employment are entitled to 5 days paid vacation during the following year. Regular full-time employees who have completed two to nine years of unbroken employment are entitled to 10 days paid vacation during those years. After ten years of unbroken employment all regular full-time employees are entitled to 15 days of paid vacation per year.
- Personal Leave Pay: After ninety (90) days of unbroken employment, 2 days personal leave will be available during the first year of employment. After one year of full time unbroken employment, 4 days personal leave per year will be available.
- Armed Forces and Reserve Leaves: ASI employees are not required to use vacation time for their military training. Employees reporting for military training will receive the difference between military training pay and their regular straight time rate, for up to 2 weeks in a calendar year.
- Company Paid Holidays: ASI provides seven paid holidays per year to its employees.
- Credit Union: ASI is a member of First South Federal Credit Union- a centralized credit union made up of small companies in the Memphis area. Employees may join at their own option through payroll deductions after 3 months of unbroken employment. The credit associations has no legal affiliation with Avionics Specialist, Inc. and is a separate legal entity.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License Incentive Program: All ASI employees are encouraged to obtain a FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License. Upon written notice from the FCC examining Board that the employee has passed the test, ASI will award him a fifty-cent per hour raise. ASI also allows the employee time off with pay for the time necessary to take the exam not to exceed 8 hours, one time only.
- Jury Duty Leave: ASI recognizes jury duty as an important civic obligation and we encourage our employees to fulfill their obligation when summoned. An hourly employee will receive the difference between his normal base pay and any mount received as payment for this service.
- Funeral Leave: In the event of a death in an ASI employee's immediate family, a regular employee, part-time or full-time, who has completed three months of service is entitled to 2 days of leave.
Included in this policy is our intent to provide a workplace free from any harassment because of one's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. This policy extends to recruitment, hiring, assignments, working conditions, employee treatment, training programs, promotions, use of ASI company facilities and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Avionics Specialist, Inc. will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because he or she is a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified. ASI agrees to take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment and otherwise treat qualified individuals without discrimination based on their status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran in all employment practices.